- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium sweet yellow or red pepper, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained (or 3 ½ cups cooked beans)
- 2-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey, chicken, ground beef, or lentils
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, yellow pepper and garlic in oil until tender. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker; stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).