· 2 onions, chopped
· 8 cloves garlic, minced (I use a couple of big spoonfuls from a jar of minced garlic)
· 1 large (6 lb. 6 oz.) can crushed tomatoes (see * below)
· 6 oz. can tomato paste
· 2 c. shredded carrots, optional
· 1 T. dried basil
· 1 t. oregano
· 1-2 t. salt
· 2 t. beef bouillon granules
· Crushed red pepper, if desired
Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low setting for 8-10 hours. Serve sauce over pasta. 18-20 servings.
* I used a huge can from Sam’s Club. It costs less than 2.50 which is a great deal. I also like that the tomatoes are unpeeled and crushed—it adds extra fiber!