- 2 tbsp. butter
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 2 c. milk
- 4 oz. nonfat or low-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
- Gather all ingredients and have them measured out. Set in sequence of list so you're ready because it goes quickly.
- In non-stick saucepan, add butter and garlic. Saute for 30 seconds. Whisk in flour, then slowly whisk in the milk. Cook, stirring continually, until slightly thick, about 2 minutes. Whisk in cream cheese and parmesan over low heat until smooth, about 1-2 mins. Remove from heat and cover until ready to serve.
- Serve over a bed of your favorite pasta!
Use this recipe as a base and add anything that sounds good: spinach, broccoli, artichoke hearts, mushrooms, chicken, tomatoes, roasted red peppers, etc.