Spicy Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup
* 1 pound dry black beans, soaked overnight
* 4 teaspoons diced jalapeno peppers
* 6 cups chicken broth
* 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1 tablespoon chili powder
* 1 teaspoon ground cumin
* 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
* 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
1 Drain black beans, and rinse.
2 Combine beans, jalapenos, and chicken broth in a slow cooker. Season with garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, pepper, and hot pepper sauce.
3 Cook on High for 4 hours. Reduce heat to Low, and continue cooking for 2 hours, or until you are ready to eat. Puree half the soup and return to pan.
4 Serve topped with sour cream, fresh cilantro, and lime juice.