Friday, April 1, 2011

Just eat it—I promise there are no surprises!

They don’t trust me!  Everything I served them today they smiled and inspected closely but wouldn’t take a bite.  “I bet there’s lots of salt in it!”  “She probably made it really spicy.”  “I think there’s paper inside.”

Who me?  Would I do that?  In past years, yes.  But this year I was normal as can be, not a single trick up my sleeve.  I loved watching them squirm, looking and waiting for the unexpected all day long.  Which never came.  All part of my plan.  Until dinner, when I served this:

DSC06303

Taco Salad (sundaes)

DSC06300

And bundt cake (stuffed pizza with cheese on top).

I love April Fools’ Day!

3 comments:

Marliese said...

You are brilliant--I love everything you do in the kitchen! Your kids will always remember your cooking/baking prowess, and will deeply appreciate it...for sure when they are older if not already.

So as if you aren't busy enough already, I have a request for you. Could you post some of your favorite Sunday dinners? I came to this blog today looking for a good Sunday dinner idea, and wished there was a label for that in the sidebar. No pressure, but if you ever get the chance, I would love some more ideas. And I don't care if there are photos!

Faded Plains said...

Hello!

I just wanted to stop by and let you know you won my Cabbages & Roses giveaway. If you could email me your address and phone number (C&R needs your phone number as FedEx requires it for shipping) I can forward it to Cabbages & Roses and they can get your package out to you.

Thanks so much for entering my giveaway! Andrea

ahs said...

Mirien, I love you blog. keep posting!!!!